The possibilities are endless for this tasty, low-carb recipe. My kids eat them with pasta or in sandwiches, and my husband and I enjoy them plain or served over a pasta alternative like French-cut green beans or zucchini.
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (we use Bob Evans)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c Parmesan cheese, dry grated
- 2 T dehydrated onions
- 1 t dried Italian herb blend
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can Hunt’s Roasted Garlic & Herb spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add Parmesan cheese, onions, dried herbs, and crushed red pepper flakes. Combine with a fork.
- Add the ground meat to the egg mixture and combine with your hands until the egg mixture is well-incorporated.
- Form mix into ping-pong-ball-sized meatballs and place in a 13″x9″x2″ baking dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over the top of the meatballs and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.