Try this juicy, flavorful chicken sometime. Even my kids love it!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- taco seasoning mix (I use the Seasoning for Tacos found at Linda’s Low-Carb Menus and Recipes.)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 c salsa
- 3/4 c shredded cheese (We like sharp cheddar or Monterey jack.)
- chopped green onion and cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub chicken with taco seasoning. Place chicken on a foil and parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Slice cream cheese into thin slices and place it on top of the seasoned chicken. Next, spoon the salsa onto the chicken, and finally, add the shredded cheese.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow chicken to rest at least 10 minutes before serving. Don’t forget your garnish!