This recipe is my adaptation of the “Muffin In a Minute” recipe at Atkins.com.
- 3 T Bob’s Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 T Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- a dash of sea salt
- 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
- stevia to taste (I use stevia equivalent to 2 – 3 T sugar)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 T Mountain Rose Herbs organic, unrefined coconut oil, melted
- Sift dry ingredients into a microwave-safe mug or custard dish.
- Add beaten egg. Blend with a fork.
- Add melted coconut oil. Blend with fork until stiff batter forms.
- Microwave “muffin” on high for one minute. Remove from mug or bowl immediately.
To me, the “muffin” tastes best when it’s hot. I’ve cut it in half, toasted it, and topped it with a little butter with good results. My husband enjoys it with some plain cream cheese.