These little beauties are a lot of work, but they are so worth it! I suppose you could stuff other types of hot peppers too, but large jalapenos give a really great result.
- 16 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb thin-sliced bacon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and ribs.
- To assemble the peppers, place 1 T of cream cheese in one half of the pepper, place 1 T of shredded cheddar cheese in the other half of the pepper, put the two pieces back together and wrap with one slice of bacon.
- Place peppers on a foil and parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and peppers are tender.