When we ate salad growing up, this is how we ate it. To this day, my siblings fight over Mom’s salad. You wouldn’t think it’d be anything special, but it’s really quite good.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 2 t sugar
- salt & lots of fresh-cracked black pepper
- Place all the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Top salad with mayo, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir.
- For best results, cover the salad and let it sit in the fridge for an hour so the flavors will meld.