Start your day with this sweet, filling treat, or enjoy it for dessert at the end of a long day. It’s done in minutes rather than hours, and it’s pretty darned good for “cheesecake” from the microwave.
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- sweetener equivalent to 1/4 c sugar (I use a mixture of stevia and EZ-Sweetz liquid sucralose.)
- Place cream cheese in a small, flat casserole dish. (I actually use a pasta bowl.) Soften in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Add egg, vanilla, and sweetener to the softened cream cheese and beat with a fork or stiff whisk until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool before eating. The longer it cools, the better it tastes!