Every so often, I get in the mood for some really good coleslaw. The dressing in this recipe reminds me of a store-bought dressing that Mom used to use when I was a kid. Not only did it make great slaw, but it made excellent deviled eggs too!
- 1 lb coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage of different colors, a bit of shredded carrot, and some shredded onion, if desired)
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c prepared yellow mustard
- stevia equivalent to 2 t sugar
- 1/4 t garlic salt
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, stevia, garlic salt, and crushed red pepper flakes in a medium bowl that has a tight-fitting lid. Whisk to combine.
- Add the slaw mix to the “dressing”; stir. Cover with tight-fitting lid and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. The longer the slaw sits, the better it tastes!